10 Lug New Mavic 2 Concept (not official)
The main innovation could concern the camera installed on the new Mavic 2, a new DJI modular system.
It would be possible to change the gimbal and sensor, this will increase the versatility of the drone.
Mavic 2 could also have a new integrate a 360 ° obstacle avoidance system.
A drone therefore very interesting, but we will not see during the DJI event scheduled for July 18, recently postponed to a date to be allocated.
The possibility to change gimbal and sensor is very interesting, increasing a lot the versatility of the drone.
The gimbal could be used as an Osmo:
Here is a picture found on web about the new DJI Patent:
There will be also the possibility of a new Mavic 2 Pro with new Hasselblad’s Lenses
Mavic 2 Pro is supposed to have also a new zoom system based on experience coming from compact cameras:
This gimbal could also be used by hand with the mobile phone or mounted on the new Rovers.
We will see it only on September 2018…
DJI Mavic 2 Concept Specs
- DJI Mavic 2 release date 2018 is now rumored to be late August or possibly September.
- Mass production began in early February
- DJI Mavic 2 price will be at least $1299 USD, maybe more. They will also offer “The FlyMore combo” which will obviously be more expensive; DJI Mavic Pro 2 price will be at least $2000 USD
- The Mavic 2 will be substantially larger
- Its official name is possibly “Mavic 2” and “Mavic 2 Pro” (with Hasselblad’s Lenses)
- 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (larger and more powerful than the current Mavic Pro)
- The battery design itself will be completely different and not compatible with older Mavics
- Longer flight time—rumored at 32 minutes—Mavic Pro is 27 minutes and Platinum will be 30 minutes.
- “Quiet” propellers
- Improved agility and precision
- Larger motors will bring upgraded propulsion
- Top speed is 45 mph (72 kph) in sport mode
- New and improved remote control similar to old Mavic Pro but better
- Will use OcuSync
- Video transmission frequency is still a mystery
- The Mavic 2 will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app as well
- Obstacle avoidance in all directions, 6 total including on top of the drone
- Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
- An improved vision processing system, faster than Mavic Air
- Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors
DJI Mavic 2 Camera Concept Specs
- 12 MP Sony IMX226 CMOS 1/1.7″ STARVIS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm (now 24mm) lens
- 4K video at 60FPS
- 265 video format
- Faster bitrate (100 Mbps)
- Better low light performance
- A sharper lens with less distortion
- Better dynamic range
- Less Noise
- 8mm lens which provides a 24mm field of view
- Variable aperture of f/2.8-11
- No mechanical shutter
- Newly designed 3-axis gimbal